Willkommen beim Queerreferat Aachen
the queerreferats response to COVID-19
COVID-19 is having a strong impact on our social lives in Aachen already, and the Queerreferat needs to ask how we can help avoid the spread of SARS-CoV2. With that in mind, we aren’t virologists and can’t predict the spread of the virus. Instead we rely on the advice and guidelines of the relevant authorities and scientists.
With a heavy heart, the leadership team of the Queerreferat has chosen to take the following steps:
- The Queerreferat will be closed up to and including the 19th of April. This impacts all Events, (including the learning area), except for one-on-one consultations (more information below). Visiting the Queerreferat for any reason is not permitted up to and including the 19th of April.
- Tomorrow, on the 16th of March there will be an opportunity to collect personal belongings from the Queerreferat. Any food items that will spoil will be thrown away if they are not collected. If you are unable to collect your personal belongings on this date, please contact Nina.
- We know that the Queerreferat is especially useful as a safe space. So that this can be maintained in a digital space, a Discord server has been organised, which is available at https://discord.gg/csSkKYm. If and to what degree the cancelled events are made available digitally will be decided individually by the people running each event.
The impact on some specific events is as follows:
- The Anniversary of the Queerreferat and all related events are postponed until further notice.
- All New-Semester work is similarly postponed until further notice.
- One-on-one consultations will only occur on request and will be conducted remotely.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels and our website for further information as it becomes available.
We hope that these extraordinary circumstances are soon behind us and we can return to normal daily operation as soon as possible. Additionally, we hope that you will continue to support each other. Especially in such special times like these, and especially as a queer community, it is important to stand together and help each other. If someone is in quarantine and needs help buying groceries or walking the dog, send a message through Slack, Discord or Email. Together we will overcome this crisis.
Welcome to the online appearance of the Queerreferat of the Universities of Aachen.
As an association kept alive by students, we want to be a place for all people who consider themselves being bonded to the LGBTIQ* community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, intersex, queer).
Just come over (you don't have to register or be a member) if you've ever asked yourself one of the following questions:
Where do Aachen's LGBTIQ*s meet?
Who cares for our interests?
Is there a special program for LGBTIQ* at the RWTH, FH or KatHo?
Where and how do I get to know other LGBTIQ*s?
Furthermore, you might also wish to subscribe to our newsletter to stay in touch with our activities!
Start of the summer semester 2018
We had a lot of fun presenting the Queerreferat to new students at the Information Market of the Welcome Week!
Come visit our new student's meeting (April 12th, 8pm) and our International Thursday (April 19th, 8pm). Both events start with a brief round of introduction, after which you're free to chat with other guests.
You can get to know us even earlier, if you want to. Just visit one of our events listed in the calender or subscribe to our newsletter!